I’ve been working through trauma with a coach and learning about how much I didn’t realize most of my life is a trauma response. In this episode I outline how I came to this realization and some resources that helped me learn. You probably don’t realize how much trauma is still affecting you, so I invite you to listen in.
Full Show Notes
My journey with discovering trauma:
- Depression, moving to Germany
- Life coaching- Jody Moore, Brooke Castillo, Kara Loewentheil, seeker in me wanted to go deeper, advanced certifications- didn’t get into Jody’s, found out about Bev’s, jumped in with both feet and eyes closed.
- Sarah Peyton- check out the summit that just ended. Learning neurobiology of shame, resonance, warmth
- Megan Ladd→ Danielle Cohen→ lead me to realizing that I have trauma to deal with →Shyla Cash
Books and Resources (some affiliate links)
My own inadequacy- being called to work around trauma.
Ether 3:11 Believest thou the word which I shall speak? I wasn’t believing the Lord!
Genesis 3-4 Moses experience being called. Moses felt inadequate. When we focus on our own inadequacy, we aren’t focusing on the Lord’s power.
Prompting- I feel prompted to be a trauma coach, even though I feel unqualified other than my own experience and my life coaching skills.
- The Lord is always leading me (you) one step at a time, but we do have to take action
- Trauma is bigger than we think and is affecting every one of us
- Education around trauma is so needed! Next week I will talk more about what trauma is, as I understand it, and how it might be showing up in your life.
Ready to overcome your inner obstacles? Schedule a free session here.