Many of you struggle to speak your mind. I find this is an element of the freeze response, so please don’t feel guilt or shame about it. In this episode, we review nervous system states and talk specifically about the freeze response and why we find it difficult to speak up for ourselves.
Full Show Notes
Previous episode: The Fawn Response
In this episode I discuss:
- A review of the nervous system.
- The three symptoms of the freeze response
- Why “no” is sometimes not available in the freeze response.
- Shame around the freeze response.
- Does it have to be freeze response, or can it just be people pleasing or mindset?
- How your body is always working in your favor.
- When have you felt like you couldn’t speak up?
- What happened in your body?
Come join Presence, my new somatic based group coaching experience. In Presence we will practice together embodiment to notice where we are connected and what’s keeps us in disconnection. We will work toward connect, peace and aliveness. Get more information here.
Prefer private coaching? Sign up for a free session!