If you or someone you love is struggling in your faith, this episode outlines 10 thoughts or actions to consider.
Podcast giveaway: My daughters brought to my attention that if you are listening in Spotify you can’t leave a review. Would you do me a huge favor and pause this episode and go leave a rating and a review in Apple Podcasts? Thank you so much! Win a pair of 2nd generation apple airpods- In order to qualify for the prize, you must do 3.5 things: 1. Listen to one episode, 2. Leave a 5 star rating 3. Leave a review (.5)with at least one takeaway- and 4. fill out a google form. If you refer a friend to the podcast and they win, you’ll win also! Share with everyone you know to increase your odds of winning!
Presence for Coaches starts this week! If you are a coach, I want to invite you to sign up. Presence will help you with whatever you want.
10 Tips for when you’re struggling in your faith (or someone you love is):
- You’re supposed to struggle. Lean into that idea for less resistance.
- What do you want to believe? If you want to keep your faith, cling to what you do know. If you don’t want to keep your faith, what’s keeping you from walking away?
- Find someone safe to struggle with
- Be open and honest with yourself and others as much as possible.
- Look for the gray instead of the black and white.
- It’s harder to have faith when you don’t feel the spirit. So give yourself lots of grace if that’s you.
- Separate your thoughts from other people’s thoughts, even prophets and apostles.
- Imagine your future IDEAL self in your current situation to gain wisdom from yourself.
- Orient to what genuinely feels good/right in your body.
- If you have anger, find a healthy, safe outlet. Ideas: throwing rocks into water. Chopping wood. Running. Punching a punching bag. Kickboxing class.
If you need a safe place to struggle, please schedule a free session with me here.