We all know about fight, flight and freeze responses. But did you know about the fawn response?
The fawn response is one of the most common and yet socially acceptable, so overlooked nervous system or trauma responses.
Today I’m talking about what this might look like, and what to do about it.
FULL SHOW NOTES
I have this habits group coaching program, and recently we had some really powerful coaching that I wanted to share with you today. I am sharing with permission from my client.
Fight, flight, freeze responses are pretty well-known.
But what about the fawn response?
I think it’s so common! And socially acceptable, so we don’t realize it’s a nervous system response.
-The fawn response is when you feel afraid or threatened so you try to appease. You say anything or so anything to make the other person feel better.
-But we teach people how to treat us!
What to do about it:
- of what’s happening
- of your options
- Visualize yourself responding the way you want
- Felt sense of safety
Do you experience the fawn response? Would you like help with overcoming it? Schedule a free session here.
PS. I’d love to know your biggest takeaway from this episode! Go here and tell me. And also- would you leave me a review? Here’s how:
1. Open Apple Podcast App on your iPhone/iPad
2. Go to the icons at the bottom of the screen and choose “search”
3. Search for “The Why Not Me Podcast”
4. Click on the SHOW, not the episode
5. Scroll all the way down to “Ratings and Reviews”
6. Click on “Write a Review”
Thank you so much! d.