We talk about our lower brain and its motivations, so what about our higher brain’s motivations? That’s what this episode is about.
Understanding Trauma Workshop: May 20th 11 am MDT, go to denitabremer.com/links
Recap of the motivational triad, the lower brain’s main function.
Woke up thinking about what the triad for our higher brain, true self would be?
- Seek Love
- Love doesn’t always look or sound or feel gentle or “nice”
- When I love someone, then what?
- Seek Righteousness / Avoid contention
- Difference between good and right
- Clarify contention
- Seek Simplicity
- Difference between simple and easy
- By small and simple things are great things brought to pass
And because the antidote, the solution to, motivation is commitment, I am calling it the commitment triad. This is how our true, higher selves operate.
Don’t forget to register for the Understanding Trauma workshop.